Our Society is changing in ways that it never has before and what was once uncoventional, is now the norm. As the result many of us have had to change our perspective on our lives and the direction in which our lives are headed.
The Real Estate Business is reflective of that change and this blog will give suggestions on how to navigate through and capitilize on the changing market.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When to Walk Away : For Agents


I've just had a 14 month education with a client that I should be paying them for.
I'm normally not one for moral victories but that's all I can take away from this one because I definitely didn't make any money. It actually cost me potential thousands and I won't be getting any referrals.
In a nutshell, when dealing with a seller that's facing foreclosure, it's absolutely necessary that they be willing to do whatever it takes to get the home sold. They cannot be halfway committed. There are too many things that need to fall into place in order for a short sale to be successful and if you don't have a compliant seller then you are just wasting your time and it will cost you money with the time spent trying to convince them of reality.
So the take away from this is to make sure that you pre-qualify the seller thoroughly while making sure that they are willing to play ball and live up to their part. My advice is if you sense any hesitation from them or feel as though they are being disingenuous.. don't walk away.. RUN AWAY!!

Christopher J Edwards
484-319-0223

No comments:

Post a Comment